Joshua Youth Ministry
Youth Pastor: Verlisia Harris
“But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” I Peter 2:9
Please join us on Sundays in the REAL ROOM for our teen ministry, Joshua Ministry. This ministry is established to give our teens Godly insight on current issues that they face on a day to day basis. This is an opportunity for teens to have REAL TALK about REAL ISSUES, with BIBLE-BASED ANSWERS. This ministry is designed to prepare our youth to unashamedly serve as ambassadors for Christ in a 21st Century world.
The JOSHUA Ministry seeks to become a training ground with an approach to spiritual growth of every young person within the reach of RCF Church, so that they are equipped with the resources necessary to enter young adulthood. They are being trained to live as a disciple of Jesus Christ by realizing their full potential in making positive contributions to the Kingdom of God.
The purpose of the JOSHUA Ministry is to connect any youth with Christians and the Word of God to help them grow in Christ, to serve the Lord at home, at play, at church, and in the community.
The JOSHUA Ministry will be known as A2J, ADDICTED to JESUS, ADDICTED to the MOST HIGH, and will serve as the ministry of the church that serves and operates for, with, and by young people. As the church where “The Word is the Word,” we believe in operating according to the Holy Scriptures.
This means that the ministry will strive for excellence in events and programs, but will make a relationship with Christ the primary focus. We believe that being a people-focused ministry will foster the personal development of the individual gift of the youth, thus making it possible to drive young people toward spiritual maturity. This, in turn, will duly enrich the Kingdom of God with youthful, faithful servants who have the ability to minister to others, and assist in the vision of bringing the youth church into a personal relationship with God.
There are three core values of Joshua ministry: 1) WORSHIP 2) WORD 3) WORK
• Worship – Worship is often the very first or the most frequent experience young people will have with Recharge Christian Fellowship Church.
We would teach them how to worship and why we worship Christ.
• Word – Joshua ministry/ A 2 J aims to provide a Biblical base that helps mature young people as disciples of Jesus Christ, so that they understand how to apply Christian principles to their lives.
• Work – Joshua ministry/ A 2 J works to create an environment of fellowship and stewardship allows young people to develop spiritually through frequent transactions with peers and adults.
Worship: Youth participate in a service to learn how to praise God through worship.
• Participating youth do not have to be members of RCF. Romans 12:1; 1 Peter 2:5; John 4:1-26
Word: A key component of being a Christian is becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ.
• Discipleship develops by studying the Bible, then translating it into daily life.
• Opportunity for youth to learn the Bible by committing one or two hours to God on Sunday.
Work: Armed with a foundation of Biblical education and praise and worship, youth will understand the importance of good deeds and WHY they are sharing their wealth and goods, in order to glorify God and to be a blessing to others.
• Opportunity for youth to work in ministry including various dance and step groups, youth teachers, youth media, youth ushers, and the praise and worship team.
In the Joshua ministry/A 2 J and Recharge Rangers uses the latest curriculum and methods to teach the Bible creatively. We believe in promoting the proper life application for young people. Purposeful Biblical teaching is a foundation for children’s spiritual growth and maturity and creativity is key for long-lasting impression of the lesson taught each week.
Joshua ministry/ A 2 J and the Recharge Rangers will create an appropriate environment and experiences that are designed to make a child experience unique and fun. We will enhance their willingness to receive God’s word.
Hundreds of parent have entrusted us with the most important thing in their life, their children. They deserve every tool we have to keep their kids safe. From check-in of every child to criminal background check of every volunteer or staff member parent can rest easy knowing that our ministry is a safe place for children.
D. International Shepherding: If a young person is visiting the United States from another country due to relocation or pursuing his or her education, we offer international shepherding, which is basically an opportunity for that young person to have a “spiritual covering” while away from home. We offer this through small groups, adult ministry teams, and parent/ministry staff relationships.
Young people learn through consistency and repetition. Once a young person starts participating in RCF learning activities, we will make every attempt to be consistent in the execution of it.
Our goal is not to simply entertain youth, we want to develop them as leaders and followers of Christ so that they may begin their personal walk with Christ, empowered to disciple and Minister to themselves and others.
The format/structure of the youth ministry will consist of regularly scheduled meetings, and several ministry-wide fellowshipping opportunities and activities throughout the year. In order to promote, and share ownership and responsibility, youth and adult advisors will adhere to follow practice and standards during scheduled minister meetings:
• Each meeting and rehearsal will began on time with prayer (led by a youth member), to assure the presence of the Holy Spirit in every function.
• The prayer is followed by the recitation of the Joshua ministry/Recharge Ranger motto which is done in UNISON by the youth members.
All rehearsals/meeting with in with a group wrap-up session, where use can openly share anything they wish. This includes the-“Trial & Triumphs” exercise where young people discuss their trials (their challenges, and their triumphs (their positive experiences).• (Each function on meeting is ended by prayer (led by a youth member)
Foundation of the beliefs:
• God: we believe that there is ONE God who exists in three-persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
• Jesus: we believe that Jesus is the second person of the Trinity, the Son of God, fully God, and fully man. He was born of a virgin (Matthew 1:18-23); He lived a sinless life (Hebrews 7:26, 1 Peter 2:22, 1 John 3:5,5); He performed many miracles (Act 10:37-38); He died for us all on the cross (2 Cor. 5:21, 1 Peter 2:24); His body was resurrected from the dead(Matt. 28:1-6, Corinthian 10:4); He sits at the right hand of God (Act 2:32-36)
• Christ Return: we believe that Jesus Christ will literally return to earth.
• Holy Spirit: we believe that God the Holy Spirit is active in convincing unbelievers of their need for salvation, and is the Comforter and Guide who live every believer.( John 14;25-26)
• Bible: we believe that the Bible is the Word of God without any error, the sole authority for life and faith. (2 Timothy 3:15-17)
• Salvation: we believe that salvation is a gift received the repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. (Act 4:12, John 14:6)
• Assurance: we believe that every person who is truly saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ.
• Eternity: we believe that those persons who die in their sins without Christ spend eternity in Hell and we believe the person who dies with their sins forgiven through Christ will spend eternity in Heaven. (Revelations 20:11-15, John 14:2-3, 2 Corinthians 5:1)
• Baptism: we believe that water baptism is an act of obedience to the command of Christ and is done by immersion after salvation. (Matthew 28:19)
MOTTO: “I serve because I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone. I will impact my ministry. I will impact my church. I will impact my community.”
REAL ISSUES…REAL TALK…BIBLICAL ANSWERS
Joshua Ministry A2J serves as:
A safe haven where youth can come and feel comfortable with expressing themselves about everyday life challenges they encounter.
A safe source where youth are empowered with biblical answers to overcome those challenges.
A2J MEETING TIMES:
Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m.
Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
Location: The REAL ROOM
AGE GROUP: Middle School (Tweens) and High School (Teens)
U-TURN YOUTH MENTORING PROGRAM:
This program is available to all youth, 5th grade and up. Parents may see RCF Youth Department Staff for a registration packet.
RCF YOUTH DEPARTMENT STAFF:
Apostle David Ned
Co-Pastor Dr. Jeana Ned
Youth Pastor Verlisia Harris
Youth Volunteer/Worker Tamara Price
Teacher Felecia Johnson
ADDICTED to JESUS
ADDICTED to the MOST HIGH
JOSHUA MINISTRY ACTIVITIES (TBA):
MINISTRY DIRECTOR: Pastor Verlisia Harris
“Let children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these” (Luke 18:16)